Suitable for those following vegetarian and vegan style diets.
Lamberts Vitamin C 1000mg with Bioflavonoid tablets are one of the most popular formulations of vitamin C from Lamberts and provide adequate levels for those who have dietary insufficiency of this nutrient. These beige speckled clear oval coated tablets also contain a relevant level of bioflavonoids because they are known to aid vitamin C absorption. Bioflavonoids have also been demonstrated to have specific effects including a strengthening effect on the capillaries. Individual bioflavonoids include rutin, quercetin, citrin and hesperidin.
Vitamin C is needed for a healthy immune system, healthy bones, teeth and gums as well as helping to maintain normal blood fat and cholesterol levels.
Vitamin C, being one of the fragile water-soluble nutrients, is highly unstable and easily destroyed by heat and light, and it is not always possible to be sure how much is taken in the diet. Our daily requirement for vitamin C is higher than any other water-soluble vitamin.
- Is involved in cell and the repair of tissues.
- It is involved in the conversion of proline (an amino acid) to hydroxyproline (a non-essential amino acid necessary for the construction collagen).
- Essential in collagen maintenance in skin, bones and teeth.
- Is required for the activity of leucocytes, immunoglobulins and natural antibodies.
- Protects vitamins A and E against damage.
- Helps to maintain normal blood cholesterol levels.
- Is involved in the formation of corticosteroid hormones in the adrenal gland.
1 to 3 tablets daily.
Less than 1 hour.
Over 1000mg of Vitamin C may caused mild stomach upset in sensitive individuals.
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 1000mg, Rose Hip 100mg, Citrus Bioflavanoid Complex 50mg.
Tableted with: Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Tablet Coating (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Glycerin) Stearic Acid, Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate.