Bio-Oil contains the unique ingredient PurCellin Oil
, vitamins A and E, Calendula, Lavender and Rosemary oils and Chamomile extract. Bio-Oil contains no preservatives and is suitable for all skin types.
- Scars Bio-Oil helps reduce the appearance of both new and old scars, whether caused by surgery, accidents, burns, insect bites or conditions such as chickenpox or shingles. Bio-Oil is also effective for reducing discomfort associated with scarring, including tight, dehydrated and flaky skin.
- Stretch marks Bio-Oil helps prevent stretch marks during periods of rapid change in body size such as pregnancy, adolescence and sudden weight loss/gain. Bio-Oil also helps reduce the appearance of existing stretch marks.
- Uneven skin tone Bio-Oil helps reduce the appearance of pigmentation marks and blemishes, and promotes even skin tone.
- Ageing skin Bio-Oil helps smooth and tone ageing, sagging and wrinkled skin on both the face and body.
- Dehydrated skin Bio-Oil provides intensive and sustained lubrication to dry, flaky skin, relieving discomfort and improving its appearance.
- Daily skincare Bio-Oil replenishes the skin's natural oils, stripped away by factors such as extreme weather, water with a high chemical content, frequent bathing, and the drying effects of central heating and air conditioning.
Bio-Oil also nourishes hand and cuticles and is a highly effective after-sun treatment. Bio-Oil is also ideal as a skin-conditioning bath oil.
1. What is Bio-Oil?
Bio-Oil is an easily absorbed, sweet smelling dry oil that is designed to improve the appearance of skin tone, stretch marks and scars. Bio-Oil can also be used as an intensive moisturiser.
2. What does Bio-Oil do?
Bio-Oil nourises the skin, keeps it supple and improve elasticity by combining the benefits of natural plant extracts and vitamins that are needed to keep skin healthy.
3. What makes Bio-Oil so special?
PurCellin Oil™ is Bio-Oil's breakthrough ingredient. This is a rapidly absorbed, light, dry oil that acts as a carrier for vitamins and herb oils. As it's an oil base, there is no oxygen present so there is no need for added preservatives. Vitamins and herb oils retain their potency and are delivered directly into the skin because the oil is so easily and quickly absorbed. Without PurCellin Oil™ the plant extracts and vitamins would sit on the surface of the skin as an oily residue.
4. Which plants and vitamins does Bio-Oil contain and how do they help my skin?
- Vitamin A: For elasticity, tone and texture.
- Vitamin E: An antioxidant, it increases moisture held in skin to make it softer, smoother and more supple. Also helps skin to produce new cells.
- Calendula (Marigold) Oil: A natural antioxidant, has the ability to condition and clarify skin. Calendula is also used to soothe sensitive skin.
- Lavender Oil: Well known for calming and healing properties also helps to condition the skin.
- Rosemary Oil: Invigorates and conditions skin.
- Chamomile Oil: Again, beneficial for sensitive skin due to its soothing effect. It also assists to maintain the natural health of skin.
5. Can I use Bio-Oil on my face?
Indeed you can. Regular facial massage with Bio-Oil increases circulation helping to firm, tone and nourish skin. Bio-Oil can be applied to skin on any part of the body, but it is best to avoid mucus membranes (e.g eyes and mouth).
6. Will Bio-Oil give me spots?
Bio-Oil has a non-greasy formula and is non-comedogenic which means it won't clog pores.
7. How often should I apply Bio-Oil?
For best results apply Bio-Oil twice a day to the area you wish to treat. For scars and stretchmarks apply Bio-Oil in a circular motion, massaging until all the oil is absorbed.
8. How soon can I start treating a wound with Bio-Oil to prevent a scar?
Bio-Oil should not be used on broken skin. Apply Bio-Oil only to wounds that have fully healed. The sooner that you apply Bio-Oil to a scar the more likely you are to see optimum results.
9. How long will one bottle of Bio-Oil last me?
One 60ml bottle of Bio-Oil may last roughly one month depending on the amount of usage. A little can go a long way!
10. How long until I start to see results?
You should start to notice an improvement after using Bio-Oil twice daily for roughly 4 weeks. Results can depend on varying factors such as age of the scar/mark and skin type. It is important to understand that skin marks and scars may never fully go away, but Bio-Oil can help to improve their appearance.
11. Is Bio-Oil safe for use on children and babies?
Bio-Oil is safe for use on people of all ages. However, Bio-Oil has not specifically been developed for babies but it will not be harmful. Apply Bio-Oil only to the unbroken skin of children over 2 years old, avoiding the eyes and mouth.
12. I am pregnant/breast feeding, can I use Bio-Oil?
Yes! Bio-Oil is completely safe to use during pregnancy and can help to prevent stretch marks if applied daily. Use Bio-Oil from at least your second trimester for optimal results. If you are breast feeding you should avoid using Bio-Oil on the nipples before giving a feed.
13. Can I use Bio-Oil for perineal massage?
Perineal massage is the gentle stretching of the perineum (the area between the anus and the vagina). Regular perineal massage can help to prevent perineum tearing and the need for an episiotomy procedure during childbirth.
Bio-Oil is not recommended for this type of massage as it contains a fragrance. Instead use a natural oil, such as olive oil or vegetable oil. For the same reason, do not use Bio-Oil to treat perineal scarring after childbirth.