Medihoney Antibacterial Apinate Dressings 5x5cm (10)
is a calcium alginate fibre sheet impregnated with medical grade manuka honey to form a highly absorbent gel sheet that promotes healing and protects against bacteria while not adhering to the wound, minimising trauma while changing dressings.
Medihoney Apinate Dressings is suitable for chronic and acute wounds and can be cut, moulded, and overlaid as needed to provide complete coverage. These dressings create an antibacterial barrier, reducing risks of infections, and turn devitalised tissue into a gel, making it easier to clean away, aiding the skins healing process.
Suitable for use on:
- 10 Dressings.
- Dressing size: 5.1x5.1cm (2x2").
- Medical grade Manuka Honey.
- Calcium alginate fibre sheet for additional absorbency.
- Provides ideal environment to promote wound healing.
- Creates an antibacterial barrier.
- Supports autolytic debridement (removal of devitalised tissue).
- Reduces malodour.
- Easily cut or moulded.
- Non-adherent reducing trauma to wounds during dressing changes.
Leg/Foot Ulcers • Pressure Ulcers • Infected Wounds • Sloughy Wounds • Necrotic Wounds • Malodourous Wounds • Surgical Wounds • Donor & Recipient Graft Sites • Burns • Superficial Wounds • Diabetic Wounds.
Serious wounds, such as some of those listed above, should be managed under professional medical supervision.
Directions for Use:
Protect the area around the wound with Medihoney Barrier Cream
. Place the dressing over the wound ensuring that it is in contact with the wound bed. This can be achieved by moulding or overlaying the dressing or by applying Medihoney Antibacterial Wound Gel
underneath the dressing.
Cover with a suitable sterile dressing
to absorb wound exudate.
Medihoney Apinate Dressings can be left on the skin for up to 7 day dependent on wound fluid. Change dressings as required or after 7 days, whichever is sooner, cleaning in-between applications.
- Do not use on people who are sensitive to any components present in this dressing.
- Wounds may appear larger and deeper as dead tissue is cleaned away.
- If negative reaction occurs, apart from a short-term stinging during application, remove immediately.
- To be use with caution and close observation on heavily exudating wounds.
- When using on a dry wound it may be helpful to moisten the dressing to aid removal.
- Use with cautions on heavily bleeding wounds.