Medihoney Antibacterial Wound Gel 10g
is formulated with medical grade manuka honey to help cleans and support the healing process of chronic and acute wounds.
This gels unique properties helps to provide broad spectrum antimicrobial activity, creating an antibacterial barrier, and creates a favorable environment to support wound healing. Also helps reduce malodours.
Combining 80% antibacterial manuka honey with natural waxes and oils, it forms a highly viscous gel that is easy to apply and easy to wash away. Ideal for use directly on the skin and under dressings to reduce trauma and pain during dressing changes.
Suitable for use on:
- Medical grade manuka honey gel.
- Antibacterial and antimicrobial properties.
- Helps cleanse wounds.
- Supports the skins healing process.
- Helps reduce odours.
- Reduces trauma and pain from dressing changes.
- Suitable for use on all ages.
- Easy to apply.
Leg/Foot Ulcers • Pressure Ulcers • Infected Wounds • Sloughy Wounds • Necrotic Wounds • Malodourous Wounds • Surgical Wounds • Donor & Recipient Graft Sites • Burns • Superficial Burns • General First Aid.
Serious wounds, such as some of those listed above, should be managed under professional medical supervision.
Directions for Use:
Protect the area around the wound with Medihoney Barrier Cream
. Apply approximately a 3mm thin lay of Medihoney Wound Gel at the base of the wound. Apply a thicker layer if wound fluid (exudate) is present. Avoid touching the nose to the wound.
Cover wound with a non-adherent, sterile dressing
and secure in place.
Medihoney Wound Gel can be left on the skin for up to 7 day dependent on wound fluid. Change dressings as required or after 7 days, whichever is sooner. Remaining waxy layer should be washed away whenever dressings are changed.
- Do not use on people who are allergic to honey.
- A small amount of honey may be seen when opening the tube, this is normal.
- Wounds may appear larger and deeper as dead tissue is cleaned away.
- If negative reaction occurs, apart from a short-term stinging during application, remove immediately.
- To be use with caution and close observation on heavily exudating wounds.
- For single patient use only.
- Do not use if top seal or tube is damaged.
- Use within 4 months or opening.