is a silver coated antimicrobial barrier dressing that consists of 5 layers 2 of absorbent rayon/polyester interleaved between 3 layers of nanocrystalline silver-coated, low adherent polyethylene net. This absorbent wound dressing helps to maintain a moist environment at the wound surface.
Low adhesive wound contact layer which minimises wound trauma when dressing is changed. The nanocrystalline silver-coated dressing provides wound protection effective against micro-organisms present in the wound helping to reduce the the risk of cross infection.
The anti-microbial barrier properties of Acticoat 7 remains effective for 7 days.
- Easy to use.
- Can be cut to size.
- For partial and full thickness wounds.
- Low adhesive.
Follow standard protocol to cleanse wound; do not use oil-based cleansing agents.
For heavily exudative wounds:
Remove the dressing from the package and cut to size.
Apply the dry dressing to the wound, either side down, as the exudate will be sufficient to activate the dressing.
Cover the ACTICOAT 7 dressing with an absorbent secondary dressing.
Complete the dressing with appropriate gauze wrappings if necessary. May cause discolouration of the surrounding skin.
For all other wounds:
Remove the Acticoat 7 dressing from package and cut to shape.
Moisten the dressing with sterile water (do not use saline).
Allow the dressing to drain on an absorbent surface in a sterile field for at least 2 minutes.
Apply the Acticoat 7 dressing to the wound surface, either side down.
Cover the dressing with a moist absorbent secondary dressing which may be prepared by saturating gauze with sterile water and wringing out the excess water.
Complete the dressing with appropriate gauze wrappings if necessary.
If the dressing dries and adheres to the wound, moisten or soak the dressing prior to removal.
Avoid forceful removal of the dressing and disruption of the healing wound.
Acticoat 7 is indicated as an absorbant antimicrobial barrier dressing over partial and full thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, burns and recipient graft sites. Actifast 7 May be used on infected wounds. Where the product is used on infected wounds the infection should be inspected and treated as per local clinical protocol.
Do not use
- If there is a known sensitivity to silver.
- During a MRI examination.
- Prior to radiation therapy, a dressing can be applied following treatment.
- for external use only.
- Acticoat 7 is not compatible with oil based products such as petrolatum.
- Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements, e.g EEG and ECG.
- If product has discoloured.
- Occasionally transient pain has been reported on application of Acticoat 7, this can be minimised by carefully following application instructions. Should continuous pain be experienced discontinue use.