Arginine is considered a non-essential amino acid although research indicates that it is 'conditionally essential' in that the body may not be able to manufacture sufficient amounts in times of rapid growth, trauma and other physical stresses. For this reason research has been carried out on the use of arginine supplementation to help aid recovery.
- 90 tablets.
- Plays an important role in cardiovascular performance.
- Important for the maintenance of a healthy blood flow.
- Required for optimum growth and takes part in the release of growth hormone.
- Involved in the immune system response to challenges.
- Plays a part in weight control.
- Not an essential amino acid but considered conditionally essential.
- May be a beneficial supplement for aiding recovery.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
The body uses arginine to make nitric oxide (NO), a substance that relaxes blood vessels, in this way arginine aids healthy blood flow and is highly beneficial to the cardiovascular system.
Arginine is also required for optimum growth and takes part in the release of growth hormones. It is also involved in the removal from the body of ammonia, which is a waste product of nitrogen metabolism.
Arginine is found in foods such as dairy products, meat, poultry, fish and nuts, but is generally present in low levels in fruit and vegetables.
Lamberts L-arginine is a pure, free-from amino acid that is ready to be absorbed by the body without needing to be broken down by digestive enzymes. Each capsule provides a full 1000mg of L-arginine.
1 to 4 capsules daily.
It is preferable to take amino acids with fruit juice or water, rather than milk.
An amino acid is best taken ½ hour before any meal or at bedtime.
Less than 1 hour.
This product is not recommended for children or growing adolescents, or pregnant or lactating women.
L-Arginine HCI, Calcium Carbonate, Cellulose Modified Starch, Tablet Coating: (Hydroxypropyl Mthylcellulose, Glycerin), Silicon Dioxide, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate.