Aptamil Pepti 2 (From 6 months) 800g
is suitable for babies over 6 months old and should be used under medical supervision. It is a food for special medical purposes for the dietary management of cow's milk protein allergy and has been specifically developed for bottle-fed babies to complement their weaning diet.
Aptamil Pepti 2
is an extensively hydrolysed formula in which the milk proteins present have been broken down to reduce the likely hood of them causing an allergic reaction. As milk will remain a primary part of your baby's diet, it's reassuring to know they can still get all the nutrients they need. It contains a unique blend of GOS/FOS prebiotics which makes Aptamil easier for babies to tolerate and consume whilst providing them with all the nutrition they need.
Aptamil Pepti 2 (From 6 months) 800g
- 1 scoop = 4.8g.
- Nutritionally tailored for 6 months plus.
- Unique GOS/FOS blend (9:1).
- 80-85% short chain peptides and 15-20% amino acids.
- Whey based.
- LCPs (Omega 3 and 6).
- Contains Nucleotides.
- Enriched with calcium, iron. and Vitamin D.
is part of a range for the management of CMPA and contains the same unique blend of GOS/FOS prebiotics as our Aptamil milks, plus added iron, calcium, and Vitamin D to support a dairy free weaning diet. Aptamil Pepti 2 is whey based for a more palatable taste and also contains LCPs, antioxidants and nucleotides.
Both Aptamil Pepti 1 and Aptamil Pepti 2
are the only hydrolysates to contain the unique blend of galacto-and fructo-oligosaccharides (GOS/FOS). These are special carbohydrates that pass beyond the tummy into the lower gut, where they encourage baby's friendly bacteria to thrive.
Directions for Use:
This product should only be used should your infant baby be diagnosed with cows' milk protein allergy and at the recommendation of your doctor or family GP.
use the quantity of Aptamil Pepti 2 advised by your doctor or dietician.
From 6 months of age your baby will need about 1 pint (600ml) of Aptamil Pepti 2 per day. Aptamil Pepti 2 can be used as a drink or mixed with other foods. It is formulated to help meet the increased nutritional needs of infants from 6 months of age onwards.
- Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Boil freshly run water. Leave kettle to cool for 30 minutes. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Measure the required amount of water (refer to the feeding guide) into a sterilised beaker. Do not add powder to boiling water due to risk of scalding.
- Using the scoop provided, level off the powder with the built in leveller. Do not press/heap the powder.
- Add one scoop to every 30ml (1 fl oz) of boiled cooled water. Add the correct number of scoops to the water. Adding too many or too few scoops can be harmful.
- Mix well (for 10 seconds) to dissolve powder. Replace lid on beaker.
- Cool under running tap. Check temperature of feed. Feed immediately.
Make up each feed as required. For hygiene reasons, do not store made up feeds, discard unfinished feeds as soon as possible, and always within one hour.
- Do not heat feeds in microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
- Never add extra scoops or anything else to your baby's feed.
- Aptamil Pepti 2 is a food for special medical purposes. It should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding.
- It is only suitable for babies over 6 months as part of a mixed diet and as a principle source of nourishment with other foods for children.
- Not suitable for parenteral use.
- Prolonged or frequent contact of drinks and feeds with teeth increases the risk of tooth decay.
- Because this is a special dietary food, the taste, smell and appearance will differ from a standard follow on formula.
- Never leave your baby alone during feeding.
Maltodextrin, Hydrolysed Whey Protein Concentrate (From Milk), Vegetable Oils (Palm Oil Coconut Oil, Rapeseed Oil, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Sunflower Oil), Galacto-Oligosaccharides (GOS) (From Milk), Calcium Phosphate, Emulsifier (Citric Acid Ester Of Mono-&-Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Fructo-Oligosaccharides (FOS), Fish Oil, Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Hydrogen Phosphate, Oil from Mortierella Alpina, Sodium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Vitamin C, L-Tyrosine, Inositol, Taurine, Ferrous Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, L-Carnitine, Sodium Citrate, Vitamin E, Uridine-5-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, Cytidine-5-Monophosphate, Pantothenic Acid, Adenosine-5-Monophosphate, Inosine-5-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, Nicotinamide, Guanosine-5-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Potassium Iodide, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulphate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin K1, Biotin, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12.
|Aptamil Pepti 2 Nutritional Values|
|Nutritional Information||Typical values per |
100ml prepared feed
|of which saturates||1.5g|
|of which mono-unsaturates||1.2g|
|of which polyunsaturates||0.5g|
|of which LCPs||0.040g|
|of which sugars||3.6g|
|of which lactose||3.0g|
|of which polyols||0.007g|
|of which GOS||0.48g|
|of which FOS||0.08g|
|of which whey||1.6g|
|Vitamin E||1.2mg TE|
|Non-caloric carbohydrate (GOS)||0.2g|
|Potential renal solute load||157mOsmol/l|