(Nicorette FAQ continued from above...)
This dose is reduced over the course of treatment to eventually end your body’s additiction to nicotine. Each Nicorette product administers this dose in a different way:
- The Nicorette patches deliver a constant dose of nicotine and are useful for people who smoke constantly throughout the day. In addition, the Nicorette patches come in 3 different “stages”, each with a lower strength than the other, to reduce the nicotine dose gradually: either 15mg, 10mg or 5mg over the course of a day. Nicorette patches are also discreet as they can be worn underneath clothing.
- The Nicorette inhalator offers a similar experience to smoking, offering something to do with your hands as well as a noticeable nicotine dose with each puff. Nicorette inhalators can be "smoked" in the pub and are far safer than cigarettes. The idea is to gradually reduce the number of cartridges that you use and hence to give up smoking. Each cartridge provides 10mg of nicotine and lasts as long as several cigarettes.
- The Nicorette gum comes in 2 strengths and comes in 3 flavours: Original, Freshmint and FreshFruit. Nicorette gum gives you something to do with your mouth and act quite gradually.
- The Nicorette microtab is a very discreet tablet that is popped under the tongue and provides a fast-acting 2mg dose of nicotine.
- The Nicorette Nasal Spray is for heavy smokers and offers an instant-acting 0.5mg hit with each spray.
Nicorette Quick Mist
Nicorette Quick Mist Duo Freshmint
An innovative NRT product, this spray can be applied directly inside the mouth to help relieve nicotine cravings. The solution has a refreshing mint flavour and satisfies your cravings within 60 seconds.
Nicorette QuickMist Single Freshmint
New from Nicorette is QuickMist, a mouth spray which delivers a dose of therapeutic nicotine to help relieve cravings. The solution is Freshmint flavoured and contains 1mg of Nicotine (similar amount to a cigarette). The pack delivers 150 sprays.
Nicorette QuickMist Cool Berry 1mg Spray Duo
Nicorette QuickMist Cool Berry is used to relieve and/or prevent withdrawal symptoms and reduce the cravings you get when you try to stop smoking.
Nicorette QuickMist Cool Berry 1mg/Spray Single
Nicorette QuickMist Cool Berry spray is used to relieve and/or prevent withdrawal symptoms and reduce the cravings you get when you try to stop smoking or when cutting down the number of cigarettes you smoke.
The Nicorette Inhalator replicates the action of smoking, making it most suitable for those who miss the hand to mouth habit.
Nicorette Inhalator White 4
Nicorette Inhalator White 4 will help you overcome your urge to smoke, by enabling you to replace nicotine in a way that mimics the act of smoking. This safe alternative to smoking will help increase your motivation to quit without losing that feeling of drawing on a cigarette.
Nicorette Inhalator White 20
Nicorette Inhalator White 20 can also be used in smoke free areas, such as drinking establishments, on public transport or at work.
Nicorette Inhalator White 36
Nicorette Inhalator 36 White gives you the hand-to-mouth sensation of smoking without the harmful contents of tar and toxins that would normally pass from a real cigarette. It can be used indoors and has been clinically proven to help smokers quit.
Nicorette Patches are suitable if you have a regular smoking pattern of more than 10 cigarettes a day. Each Nicorette patch provides a regular dose of nicotine to effectively control your cigarette cravings.
Chewing Nicorette gum gives you the control over how much nicotine you use, and how often you need it.
Nicorette Microtabs are suitable for those who need a more discreet and controlled approach to quitting. Nicorette Microtabs disolve under your tongue.
Nicorette Nasal Spray
Nicorette Nasal Spray is the fastest way to relieve strong nicotine cravings. Nicorette Nasal Spray is suitable for those who smoke more than 20 cigarettes a day.