OpSite spray dressing is a permeable, transparent, water resistant, spray on dressing. It can be used as protection for minor surgical wounds, cuts, grazes, unbroken blisters and dry wounds. Also for sealing of drainage tubes, vaccination sites and external orthopaedic fixation, such as Steinmann pins.
- Quick drying and easy to use.
- Water resistant.
- Permeable to air and moisture vapour.
- Bacteria-proof film.
- Flexible and elastic
- CFC Free.
OpSite is part of the Smith and Nephew range that has been developed to meet the highest standards in clinical treatment and care. They are used extensively by healthcare professionals in hospitals and clinics around the world.
The elastic transparent film creates a quick and comfortable seal over broken skin that protects the wound from bacteria and infection. The permeability enables the wound to still breathe and heal. The flexibility and strength makes it good for application on skin areas such as knuckles and knees.
Being CFC free (No Chlorofluorocarbon propellants) helps in reducing the amount of chemical compounds that are depleting the ozone.
Directions for use:
Invert and spray site evenly from a distance of at least 15cm. For best results use a number of thin applications of the spray.
Carefully peel off when dry or allow to slough off naturally. Adhesive plaster remover can be used to aid removal.
- Do not apply on children under the age of 18 months.
- Do not use with plastic intravascular devices.
- Not to be used with iodine preparations.
- Not intended to be used with other medicated preparations.
- For skin grafts: It is imperative that adequate areas of the graft are left bare to allow drainage of serous fluid.
Ethyl, Acetone, Butane, Dimethyl Ether, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acrylic Copolymer.
Please note that we can only ship aerosols within the EU.