Herpotherm, formerly known as Hot Kiss.
Please take a look at our other Cold Sore treatments.
Treat that tingle! Stop that Cold Sore appearing!.. Herpotherm is a revolutionary new way to combat cold sores. When used at the tingle stage an outbreak can actually be prevented.
Even if your cold sore has already started to come out this heat stick can significantly reduce the size and extent of the sore. It can even shorten the length of time your cold sore lasts and the amount of time it takes to heal.
There are no chemicals involved or creams/ointments to apply. This is a medical device developed, made and tested in Germany which has been designed to prevent the development and advancement of the herpes simplex infection.
How the Herpotherm works:
The device works by means of a concentrated heat source of between 50-51°c. This prevents the herpes simplex virus from reproducing.*
How to Use the Herpotherm:
- Take off the cap. ** (IMPORTANT Please read instructions below for correct insertion of battery.)
- Apply to affected area.
- Activate the Herpotherm (the gold spot will warm up).
- After 4 seconds a signal sounds to tell you its finished you can remove or reapply as required.
- This lipstick size device is small and compact and can be carried with you at all times.
- Herpotherm can be used by all people whatever age or sex.
- Gold-plated contact patch is safe for sufferers of the chrome-nickel allergy.
Please note for hygiene reasons a Herpotherm device should only ever be used by one person.
- Herpotherm applicator (8cm long).
- Disinfectant wipes.
- Ultra CR2 battery.
- Information Leaflet and Instructions.
*Partial or complete denaturation of enzymes or proteins can be achieved through the heating up of the cells affected by the herpes simplex virus. This will prevent the virus from reproducing. The development of the lip blisters can be stopped. Tests showed no undesired side effects or even pathological skin changes near the lips.
** IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR BATTERY INSERTION - PLEASE READ!: When removing the base of the Herpotherm for the first time to insert the battery, hold the Herpotherm with the yellow light and button facing upwards (you should be able to see the word Herpotherm on the main body of the device). Then gently twist the base anti-clockwise and slowly remove the base.
Insert the battery.
Then gently replace the base and twist slowly clockwise. DO NOT FORCE THE BASE. This can break the battery connector and your Herpotherm will not work.
If you need any assistance with insertion of the battery please call us.