Benylin Dry & Tickly Cough Syrup
is a non-drowsy formula which helps soothe the tickling sensation of your cough by coating and soothing the back of the throat.
Directions for Use:
- 300ml bottle.
- Syrup that coats and soothes the throat.
- For dry and tickly coughs.
- Suitable for adults, elderly and children over the age of 1 year old.
- Suitable to take while pregnant or breastfeeding.
Children 1-5 years: One 5ml spoonful.
Adults (including the elderly) and children over 5 years: Two 5ml spoonfuls.
Give the dose 3 or 4 times within 24 hours, if needed.
If symptoms persist, contact your pharmacist or doctor.
If you forget to take dose, take the next dose when needed. Do not take a double dose.
For oral use only. Check the cap seal is not broken before first use. If it is, do not take this medicine. Not suitable for children under the age of 1 year old.
Do not take more than the stated dose.If anyone has taken too much of this product, contact a doctor or your nearest Accident & Emergency department (Casualty), taking this pack with you.
This product is suitable for most people, but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt you should contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Read the box before use.
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Do not give this medicine to your child if s/he is under 1 year old.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have an intolerance to some sugars, now or in the past.
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use your medicine after the date shown as the expiry date on the packaging.
- Keep the bottle tightly closed.
- Medicines should not be disposed of via waste water or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required.
- Carefully read instructions before use and retain carton for full instructions.
Active ingredients: Glycerol 0.75ml, Sucrose 1.707g.
Other ingredients: Citric Acid Monohydrate, Sodium benzoate (E211), Cough Syrup 513277 Flavour (contains aniseed, liquorice, propylene glycol and ethanol), Black treacle, Liquid Glucose, Purified water.
Some of the ingredients can cause problems.
This product contains 1.85g glucose and 1.707g sucrose in each 5ml, which may be harmful to the teeth.
If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before using this medicine.
This should be taken into account in patients with diabetes.
Carbohydrate content of this medicine is 3.85g per 5ml.
This product contains small amounts of ethanol (alcohol), less than 100mg per 5ml dose.