For the management of fully closed keloid scars, hypertrophic scars, burns and surgical scars.
- For use on hypertrophic scars.
- Keloid scars.
- Burns, surgical and traumatic scars.
Apply to clean dry scar after peeling the plastic protective sheeting from both sides of the silicone.
- Place sticky side against your scar it may be necessary to hold in place with hypoallergenic tape to assure correct placement of scar Fx.
- Apply only when skin has completely healed and must not be used on open or weeping areas.
- Scar Fx should be a suitable size to cover the scar allowing an overlapping edge of ¼".
- Scar Fx should be applied for a maximum 12 hours daily.
Scar Fx must be washed before use and then at least once a week with mild soap and water.
The skin being treated must be kept clean and dry.
Do not use talcum powder, ointment, skin moisturiser or any medication under the silicone sheeting.
When not wearing Scar Fx silicone sheeting, it should be stored in a resealable bag.
Duration of use:
Use of ScarFx silicone sheeting should be continued until the scar is pale, soft and lower in height. Results may vary from 72 hours to 3 months.
If a sweat rash occurs stop use for 24 hours or until rash disappears.
Reapply Scar Fx following original directions.