SMA Comfort Colic & Constipation Infant Milk (From Birth Onwards) 800g Breast Milk Substitute.
SMA Comfort Colic & Constipation Infant Milk
for the dietary management of colic & constipation is supported by over 90 years of experience to provide the best nutritional and easily digestible breast milk substitute, if you cannot or choose not to breastfeed, from birth onwards. Breastfeeding provides the best start for your baby but if you decide not to, or choose to combination feed, choose SMA Comfort which is easy to digest, nutritionally complete with Omega 3 & 6 and similarly structured to the fat found in breast milk. By feeding your baby SMA Comfort you are ensuring your child receives the right amount of protein and key nutrients to support them.
- 800g drum.
- Suitable from birth to 12 months.
- For the dietary management of colic & constipation.
- Reduced lactose to help with colic.
- Contains increased magnesium to help with constipation.
- Easy to digest.
- 100% Whey, partially hydrolysed protein.
- Nutritionally complete.
- Contains milk and soya.
- Suitable for Halal diets and vegetarians.
- Easy to digest for tiny tummies.
- Contains Omega 3 & 6 as recommended by paediatric experts.
- Must be used within 4 weeks of opening.
- Contains measuring scoop for accurate feeds.
Breastfeeding is the recommended choice of feeding for your baby. You should always seek further advice from a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian or pharmacist for the proper method of use for infant milks and all matters concerning infant feeding.
Directions of Use:
Clearly stated on each drum of SMA Comfort Colic & Constipation Infant Milk is a feeding guide to enable you to accurately measure each feed for your baby. The information is a guide only and if you require advice about your baby's feeding habits, consult a healthcare professional. To prepare your baby's feeds please fully consult the packaging.
Important feeding information
- Pull the safety seal and open the lid. The scoop is provided under the lid. Lift the tab, pull on the foil seal, carefully and safely remove the seal and dispose of it.
- Wash hands well. Wash and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
- Boil 1 litre of fresh tap water. Allow boiled water to cool for no more than 30 minutes. Measure the required amount of water (see feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle, carefully the water is hot. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Using the scoop provided, add the correct number of scoops of powder (see feeding guide), levelling off each scoop with the back of a clean dry knife. Store the scoop in suspension inside the can and replace lid.
- Re-place cap on the bottle and shake well until powder is fully dissolved. Cool under cold water until lukewarm, do not immerse teat. Test temperature before feeding.
Do not add extra powder or water to make the feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder can make your baby ill. We recommend preparing each feed in individual bottles when required. For hygienic reasons, discard unfinished feed in the bottle as soon as possible. For older babies, made-up formulae can be added to food.
Do not alter or add to formulae unless medically directed. Do not warm feeds in the microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
Remember, cows' milk should not be used as a drink during the first year.
For more information about SMA Comfort Colic & Constipation Infant Milks Nutritional Information, Feeding Guild or general information go to the SMA Website.
Lactose (milk), vegetable oils (soya, sunflower, rapeseed), potato starch, partially hydrolysed whey protein (milk), galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS), calcium phosphate, long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (DHA (fish oil), AA), potassium citrate, magnesium chloride, choline bitartrate, choline chloride, fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), L-arginine, sodium chloride, vitamin C, L-histidine, L-tyrosine, taurine, inositol, ferrous sulphate, nucleotides (cytidine-, disodium uridine-, adenosine-, disodium guanosine-5’- monophosphate), L-carnitine, zinc sulphate, antioxidants (tocopherol-rich extract, ascorbyl palmitate), vitamin E, niacin, pantothenic acid, copper sulphate, vitamin A, thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin B6, manganese sulphate, potassium iodide, folic acid, sodium selenite, vitamin K, vitamin D, biotin, vitamin B12.
Store in a cool dry place and use within four weeks of opening.
|SMA Comfort Nutrition Information|
|Nutrition Information||Typical values per 100ml prepared feed|
|Energy||270 kJ / 65 kcal|
|of which, saturates||0.8 g|
|of which, unsaturates||2.3 g|
|of which, sugars||4.9 g|
|of which, lactose||4.9 g|
|Salt||0.06 g||Vitamins||Typical Values|
|Vitamin A||63 µg|
|Vitamin D||1.6 µg|
|Vitamin E||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin K||4.4 µg|
|Vitamin C||9.7 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.03 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0.16 µg|
|Pantothenic Acid||0.32 mg||Minerals||Typical Values|
|Oligosaccharides (GOS/FOS)||0.4 g|
|α-linolenic acid (ALA)||43 mg|
|Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)||16.5 mg|
|Linoleic acid (LA)||494 mg|
|Arachidonic acid (AA)||16.5 mg|