Sominex 16 tablet pack size
Sominex is a night time sleep aid, clinically proven to relieve occasional sleeplessness.Sominex at a glance:
- Active ingredient: Promethazine Hydrochloride.
- For those who suffer with difficulty sleeping.
- One a night- 16 doses in a packet.
can be used for people who find it difficult to fall asleep or for those who find it difficult to stay asleep due to changes in their normal sleep pattern.
The active ingredient Promethazine Hydrochloride is a sedating antihistamine similar to the medication given to those with allergies. It allows the user to fall asleep quickly and will provide a deeper state of sleep leaving the user feeling more rested and refreshed when they wake.
- For adults, the elderly and children over the age of 16- One tablet taken with water at bed time.
- If you find it particularly difficult to get to sleep you can take a tablet one hour before bed instead of taking one as you go to bed.
- This medication shouldn't be taken for more than 7 consecutive nights.
- Drowsiness can last up to 12 hours so if affected please do not operate heavy machinery or drive.
- Alcohol should be avoided with this medicine.
- Not to be given to those who suffer from reduced awareness, slow reactions or extreme drowsiness due to medicines or illness that reduce activity in the central nervous system, those in comatose states and people who have taken a type of medicine called a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) in the past 14 days.
Sominex shouldn't be given to children under the age of 16. Not suitable for those who are lactose intolerant. Women who are pregnant, trying to get pregnant or breastfeeding should consult their doctor before taking this medicine. Caution should be used when giving this medicine to those who are elderly, people with decreased liver and kidney function, people with epilepsy, those suffering from asthma, bronchitis or cystic fibrosis, those with severe heart disease, those who suffer from closed angle glaucoma and those who suffer from a bladder neck obstruction. Please note that Sominex can affect pregnancy test results and allergy tests.
Promethazine Hydrochloride (20mg), Lactose, Maize Starch, Croscarmellose Sodium, Magnesium Stearate.