Daktarin Oral GelDaktarin Oral Gel is a treatment for fungal and bacterial infections of the lips, mouth and throat.
- Daktarin Oral Gel is a clear, sugar-free orange-flavoured oral gel containing Miconazole base 2% w/w.
- Daktarin Oral Gel treats infections of the lips, mouth and throat by killing the fungus and any associated bacteria.
- Suitable for adults, children and babies over 4 months old.
- 15g tube.
About Daktarin Oral GelDaktarin Oral Gel is an antifungal that contains the active ingredient Miconazole. This can be used to treat and prevent oral fungal/yeast infections such as oral thrush. It also works to kill bacteria caused by the fungal infection. Daktarin Gel is sticky so that it stays on the skin for longer. Daktarin Oral Gel may be swallowed to coat the throat.
Directions:First note that it is important to use the Daktarin Oral Gel after a meal. Pierce the seal using the tube's lid. With a clean finger, apply a small amount of Daktarin Oral gel to the affected area and hold in place for as long as possible. In the case of oropharyngeal infestations, adults can use a spoonful of gel 4 times a day, held in the mouth for as long as possible. If you wear dentures, remove them at night and brush with Daktarin Oral Gel. This will help prevent your dentures becoming infected too.
Children under 4 months - 6 years: apply a small amount of gel twice daily. When being used on a young child or infant, only apply Daktarin Gel to the front of the mouth - never to the throat.
Continue for 2 days after clearance. If symptoms continue, seek advice from your doctor.
Do not use Daktarin Oral Gel if:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- If you suffer from liver dysfunction.
- If it is for a baby under 4 months of age, due to risk of choking.
- If you are taking; Terfenadine, astemizole or mizolastine (found in some hay-fever/antihistamines) • Cisapride • Simvastatin and lovastatin (high cholesterol drugs) • Midazolam and triazolam • Pimozide and Sertindole • Quinidine and dofetilide (type of drugs used for irregular heartbeat) • Ergot Alkaloids.
Talk to your doctor if:
- You are pregnant.
- You are taking oral anticoagulants, HIV Protease Inhibitors, certain antineoplastic agents, certain calcium channel blockers, certain medicines that act on the heart and blood vessels, certain immunosuppressive agents, sulphonylureas and any other medicines you are unsure about.
If you are taking additional medicines, please provide this information on our pharmacy medicine questionnaire that appears upon purchase of Daktarin Oral Gel.
(per 1g) Miconazole 20mg • Purified Water • pregelatinised potato starch • alcohol • polysorbate 20 • sodium saccharin • cocoa flavour • orange flavour • glycerol.
| Product code: DAK14H
Price: £4.35 (incl