Click on any image to enlarge
Price: £8.90 (incl
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable. Click here to receive notification when this product comes back into stock.
Xylocaine Spray 50ml is a topical local anaesthetic metered pump spray.
Xylocaine helps to prevent pain. Mainly used in:
Xylocaine is to be used as a topical spray. Use as directed by the physician. Maximum adult dosage is 20 spray doses. Do not spray in or near the eyes.
- General examination or a surgery procedure in the mouth and throat.
- Dental procedures.
- During or after child birth if stitches are needed.
Each dose (spray) contains Lidocaine Ph. Eur 10mg. Xylocaine spray also contains ethanol, Macrogol 400, essence of banana, menthol natural, saccharin and purified water.
If you can answer yes to any of the questions below you should discuss with your doctor or pharmacist before you use this medicine:
The usual dose of Xylocaine spray is between 1 and 20 sprays. Adults should not use more than 20 sprays. People who are feeling unwell, elderly people and children should use fewer sprays, depending on their age and how unwell they are.
- Have you ever had an allergic reaction to local anaesthetics, or to any of the other ingredients in Xylocaine spray?
- Are you pregnant, think you might be pregnant, or considering becoming pregnant?
- Are you breast feeding?
- Are you taking any other medicines, particularly those for an irregular heart beat (anti-arrhythmics) such as mexiletine?
- Do you have any cuts, sores or ulcers inside your throat, mouth or nose?
- Do you have a chest infection?
- Do you have epilepsy?
- Do you have a heart problem, in particular a slow heart beat?
- Do you have any liver or kidney problems?
- Do you have very low blood pressure?
Like all medicines Xylocaine spray may sometime cause side effects, as well as the effects that are needed. If side effects do occur, this is usually only with high doses.
Xylocaine spray comes in a 50ml bottle which contains about 500 sprays. Should take effect in between 1-5 minutes.