Click on image to enlarge
Price: £8.95 (incl
Please note that this product is Lyclear Dermal Cream, which is a cream for scabies and pubic lice. For the head lice treatments, see the main Lyclear page.Lyclear Dermal Cream contains the active ingredient Permethrin 5%, a chemical with a broad range of insecticidal properties.
Lyclear Dermal Cream is an effective treatment for Scabies and Genital Lice (Crabs). The active ingredient, permethrin, belongs to a group of medicines called the pyrethroids, which are anti-parasitic agents. The dosage recommendations given are only intended as a guide to treatment. Usually a single application clears the infestation. If you are in doubt, talk to your doctor.Treating scabies with Lyclear Dermal Cream:
Treating pubic lice (crabs) with Lyclear Dermal Cream:
- Adults and children over 2 years old: Apply the cream to the skin over the whole body including the palms and soles but NOT the head or face. Ensure that you cover the areas between the fingers and toes, under the nails, and on the wrists, arm-pits, external genitals and the buttocks.
- Children under 2 years old: Treat only under medical supervision. Treat as above but also treat the neck, face, ears and scalp. Avoid the area around the mouth and around the eyes.
- Leave the cream on for 8 to 12 hours, then wash off with soap and water. If you wash your hands within 8 hours, reapply to the hands.
- Approximate dosage: Adults: between 1 and 2 tubes depending on size. Children between 6 and 12: up to half a tube. Children between 1 and 5 years: up to a quarter of a tube. Babies: up to an eighth of a tube.
Notes on Lyclear Dermal Cream:
- Only to be used by adults aged 18 and over. Apply sufficient cream to cover the pubic region, pubic hair, around the anus, the genitals, the inner thighs down to the knees and any hair that grows up from the pubic area to the stomach/chest.
- One 30g tube is more than sufficient to treat one hairy adult. It is recommended that up to a third of a tube is used to treat the pubic region, peri-anal region, thighs, stomach and chest. No more than two thirds of the tube should be needed to complete the treatment.
- The cream should be left on the skin for 24 hours. The treatment areas should then be thoroughly washed. Any facial hair (beards, moustaches, eyebrows) should be checked for the presence of live lice and eggs. Cream should be applied to any infected facial hair. Eyelashes should be checked, but cream should NOT be applied to them; instead, lice or eggs should be removed with tweezers.
- Leave cream on for around 24 hours, then wash thoroughly.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
- Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to Lyclear Dermal Cream, Permethrin, other pyrethroids or pyrethrins, or any of the ingredients listed below.>
- Take special care with Lyclear Dermal Cream if you are currently using a type of medicine called corticosteroid.
- Lyclear Dermal Cream is for external use only.
- Avoid contact with the eyes. In the event of eye contamination, rinse with water immediately.
- Ensure the skin is clean, dry and cool. Do not take a hot bath immediately before treatment.
- The cream rubs easily into the skin. You do not need to keep applying more cream until it can be seen on the surface of the skin.
- If the contents of the tube are swallowed by a child, talk to your doctor immediately.
- If too much cream is applied, it should be washed off with soap and warm water. If there are any signs of irritation, talk to your doctor.
- Lyclear Dermal Cream may cause minor irritation for a short while.
- The itching associated with scabies can continue for up to 4 weeks even after a successful application of Lyclear Dermal Cream, as the dead mites and eggs are still attached to the skin. There is no need to reapply the cream within this period.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using Lyclear Dermal Cream in pregnancy or whilst breast-feeding.
FF Permethrin (5% w/w), coconut oil, glyceryl monostearate, macrogol cetyl ether, cetomacrogol 1000, isopropyl myristate, lanolin alcohols/liquid paraffin mixture, butylated hydroxytoluene (E321) glycerol, formaldehyde solution, carbomer, sodium hydroxide and purified water.
| Product code: 0846451
Price: £8.95 (incl