About ClearZal BAC
What is Clearzal BAC?Clearzal BAC Antimicrobial Complete Nail System is a clear liquid that can be applied to finger nails and toe nails when a fungal nail infection is present. This solution can treat fungal infections of the nail effectively and safely. It contains Benzalkonium Chloride 0.1% which kills 99.9% of the microbes which can cause nail infections on the finger and toenails. It has a unique delivery system which ensures that the powerful, fast acting formulation directly reaches the target area. This antiseptic formula may also help to prevent future nail infections.
How does Clearzal BAC work?Benzalkonium Chloride is most commonly used as a disinfectant in pharmacutical products such as disinfecting wet-wipes and antiseptic skin creams. The composition of Benzalkonium Chloride in Clearzal is antimicrobial which means it can kill tiny microbes and fungi. It is very safe to use on humans. ClearZal solution will not only destroy the microbes which can cause nail infections but because it also contains aloe, it will leave the surrounding skin in better condition.
Are there any contraindications to using Clearzal BAC?
- If you have diabetes or any circulatory disorder you must seek medical advice from your doctor at your earliest convenience. We recommend that you do so before using this product.
- Women should NOT use Clear Zal during pregnancy.
- Do not use Clear Zal on children under the age of 6 without the advice and supervision of a doctor.
- Clearzal is for external use only.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, ears or mucous membranes.
- If you are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients in Clearzal BAC Solution or experience a rash after use, discontinue use and speak to a doctor.
- A full instrustion leaflet is provided with the solution.
What are the ingredients of Clearzal BAC Solution?Active ingredient: Benzalkonium Chloride 0.1%
Inactive ingredients: Purified water • cocamidopropyl betaine • cocamidopropylamine oxide • hypromellose • cetrimonium chloride • organic aloe vera • didecyldimonium chloride • dizolidinyl urea • quatermium-15 • methylparaben • propylparaben • triethanolamine • citric acid •
How do I prevent a nail infection recurring?Before we find out how to prevent nail infection, we need to find out what the causes are first...
Fungal nail infections often come hand in hand with Athlete's Foot or feet that excessively sweat. The bacteria on the moist skin creates a fungal infection which can affect the toe nails. Also, bashing or injuring a toe nail or fingernail can expose the nail bed which leaves it vulnerable to infection. Tight fitting shoes are also culprets for causing infected nails. Lasty, those suffering with diabetes or long term conditions that affect the immune system or circulatory system, are more vulnerable to gain a fungal nail infection. This is because the blood vessels in the legs and feet can become damaged and blood supply to the feet degenerates which causes infections to grow more easily on toe nails. It also means that fungal nail infections take longer to heal.
To prevent fungal nail infection from occuring we need to take care of our feet as well as our nails...
- Keep nails and feet clean and dry. A powder such as Mycota or Scholl can help.
- Always cut nails straight across with a slight curve at the tip but do not cut them too short as this can lead to ingrown nails.
- Use a nail file to avoid snags.
- Don't bite fingernails.
- Don't pick at or dig out ingrown toenails as they could be infected.
- Wash your feet thoroughly with soap and warm water.